Poll: Should we bring back the two-column layout?

With the Android & iOS app designs in progress, I figured now might be the best time to start prioritizing large screen displays on the web version of LangCorrect (accessing LC via your browser).

This will essential give us a lot of wiggle room to try out new designs and bring back the 2-column layout (main column + sidebar).

So let us know in the poll if you want LC to return to a 2-column layout. Be sure to provide some reasoning, so we know where you are coming from.

What are some of the things that you would like to see in the sidebar?

Should we bring back the 2-column layout?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I would certainly appreciate a sidebar because the screen space would be used efficiently. The user would be provided with useful information and links, making the overall user experience a bit nicer.

I agree, Ladia! I liked seeing all my information right there.

At the moment, I don’t have a strong preference either way, and I’m fine with the current layout. To me, the sidebar’s main uses were to give me quick access to the author’s recent journals and to display information about what languages the author spoke and learned. Currently, journal pages already have links to recent journals, and author native language is sometimes displayed (provided that a native language translation exists).

I’m fine with the current layout.
A side bar has too many distractions from what you are about to do.

I would argue that your time and money is better invested in features that are useful to the learners, and into features that provide more motivation to make corrections.

1 Like

I’ve just joined a few weeks ago so I don’t remember a 2-col layout. Is this for the home page or profile page? Maybe a picture of the 2 layouts so we could compare? :slight_smile: Anyway Im ok with the current web layout.

I have a very small nitpick though…i want highlights whenever i hover over items on this thing…my eyes are just not used to no highlights… :slight_smile: but no biggie actually just want to get this off my chest i guess

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!! If you ever have any feedback on how to make the site better, always let us know! I agree a highlight could be very helpful!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.