Spanish Language Day Competition - April 23rd

April 23rd is UN Spanish Language Day and I had this idea of hosting an alphabetical story writing challenge in my English/Spanish language learning Discord community but there is no reason to restrict it to just Discord. Basically, you can work by yourself or with a partner to write a story whose first sentence starts with A, 2nd with B, and all the way to the last sentence with Z. Should be fun. The story can be either in English, Spanish, or even include sentences from both languages!

Oh and that Discord server I mentioned? You don’t have to join to participate, but if you really want to, who am I to stop you? Here.

1 Like

I love the challenge! I’m not entirely sure I could even write a full story based on the starting letter requirements lol.

I know there are some Spanish learners who are living in countries that have discord blocked. It’s optional, but it’d be cool if you guys could participate in this thread aswell. This way It’s community orientated and makes it funner as well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I did not know Discord was blocked in some countries. I originally learned about this site through a Discord member and now a bunch of us from the server post entries here and share the link in the #writers-nook channel so we can check it out. So this could totally work. The best of both Discord and LangCorrect lol. Also, don’t worry about making the story perfect. The most important thing is to try, either by yourself or with a friend. I had a blast being part of a story that 4 of us wrote in our text channel while being on a voice call in the server. It was fun.

1 Like

I don’t know spanish, but if you have an english translation, I’d love to read it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like