Very Casual Chinese/English Chat [简体 & 繁体 are welcome!]

这是一个讨论关于中/英文语法问题的地方。当然,在这儿聊一些轻松愉悦的话题也是很可以的。

在这里,你可以随心地说中文或者英文(中英双语混用当然也是可以的啦~)
[chn translation provided by farmera]

A place to ask & answer Chinese/English-related grammar questions, as well as to casually discuss topics in a super chill environment.

Feel free to use Chinese, English, or both~!

耶~~~~~~~~👏

1 Like

i was wondering if there are any idioms that you tend to use often. i’ve been wanting to learn some more fun 成语 lately, but sometimes it’s hard to know which ones are worth learning, and it’s kind of overwhelming to see how many of them there are, haha😅

do you have any go-to idioms that you like to use, have used in the past, or maybe see often online these days???

:tada: :partying_face: :confetti_ball:~~!!!

仔细想了想,好像我平常也没说什么成语😅。先想到了 两个:【刻舟求剑】、【揠苗助长】。这两个成语都是有“故事背景”并流传至今的,所以我个人觉得可能会好理解一点~

我在网上直接找了下英文版本:

=============揠苗助长================

出处:揠苗助长(英文版故事)_百度知道 (baidu.com)
作者:超级酷乐猫007

揠苗助长(To Pull up the Seedlings to Help Them Grow)

Once upon a time, an old farmer planted a plot of rice. Everyday he went to the field to watch the seedlings grow. He saw the young shoots break through the soil and grow taller each day. But still, he thought they were growing too slowly. He got impatient with the young plants. “How could the plants grow faster?” He tossed in bed during the night and could not sleep. Suddenly he hit upon an idea. He had an idea not wait for daybreak. He jumped out of the bed and dashed to the field. By the moonlight, he began working on the rice seedlings. One by one, he pulled up the young plants by half an inch. When he finished pulling, it was already morning. Straightening his back, he said to himself, “What a wonderful idea! Look, how much taller the plants have grown one night!” With great satisfaction, he went back home. He told his son what he had done in a triumphant tone. His son was shocked. Now the sun had risen. The young man was heart-broken to see all the pulled-up young plants dying.
People now use " Ba Miao Zhu Zhang" to describe the behavior of those who are too eager to get something done only to make it worse. The idiom is a bit like the English proverb “Haste makes waste” ------to spoil things by excessive enthusiasm.

其实我觉得最后一段总结成语意思总结得有点不太好,我这里引用一下“百度百科”( 揠苗助长(成语)_百度百科 (baidu.com))的解释:“ 揠苗助长 是一则汉语成语,最早出自《孟子·公孙丑上》。指把苗拔起来,帮助其成长。比喻违反事物的发展规律,急于求成,最后事与愿违。”

哦,对了,上面说的 " Ba Miao Zhu Zhang"的中文是“拔苗助长”,我这里写的是“揠苗助长”(“Ya miao zhu zhang”)。只是两种不同的表达而已,说的是同一件事。

=============刻舟求剑================
出处: 英语故事:刻舟求剑 (sohu.com)

Cutting a Mark on the Boat to Find the Sword

刻舟求剑

One day, a man of the State of Chu was crossing a river by boat. Due to carelessness, his sword which hung at his side fell into the water. Not in the least worried, he slowly took out a small knife and cut a mark on the side of the boat.

一天,有个楚国人坐船过河,一不小自,身上挂的宝剑掉进了河里。他一点儿也不着急,慢腾腾地拿出小刀,在船舷上刻了一个记号。

Someone on the boat asked him:

船上有人问他:

“Why don’t you jump into the water at once to fish for your sword? What’s the use of making his mark on the side of the boat?”

你为什么不马上下水把剑捞上来?你在船舷上刻记号有什么用啊?”

He pointed to the mark on the side of the boat, saying unhurriedly:

他指着船舷上的记号,不慌不忙地说:

“There is no need to worry. My sword fell into the river at this marked place. As soon as the boat reaches the dock and pulls in to shore, I will jump down from here to retrieve my sword.”

“不必担心。我的剑是从这个刻着记号的地方掉下去的。等船一到码头,靠了岸,我就从这里跳下去,把宝剑捞上来。”

同样,附上“百度百科”的链接: 刻舟求剑(汉语成语)_百度百科 (baidu.com)